General Staff Intern
Internship positions available:
Eyebeam, the leading art and technology center in the United States, offers several staff internships for college students and recent graduates. Eyebeam, which is celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2012, is looking for interns for Summer 2012 and beyond in the areas of PR/communications, development/fundraising, program production, and web site development and maintenance. These positions would be best for anyone who has a sincere interest in the field of art and technology – including digital media, urban and environmental activism, sound research, and alternative realities -- and wants to learn more about Eyebeam’s rich history.
- Writing copy for press releases, exhibit descriptions;
- Cleaning and updating press list, including print and on-line media;
- Updating social networks for current events;
- Researching possible foundation/corporate/individual funders;
- Helping to write Letters of Inquiry and proposals;
- Helping to organize and staff fundraising events, including cultivation events;
- Helping with Board events.
Program Planning and Execution:
- Taking minutes at general staff and program meetings and posting them on shared files;
- Assisting the Program Director with event logistics, coordination with artists, and serving as support during events.
Web Maintenance and Design:
- Work with web technologist and staff to rewrite web pages, update current information, and consider possible improvements;
- Work on Eyebeam's Facebook page and Twitter account;
- Develop other social media outlets.
General Administrative Support:
- Organizing content across multiple spreadsheets;
- Scheduling of regularly occurring internal events and meetings;
- General inquiry response via email;
- General office support.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and research skills are a must;
- Understanding of social media strategies and experience in their implementation;
- Basic website management skills;
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, hands-on environment;
- Excellent communication skills.
Interns must be able to commit a minimum of 2 full days a week at Eyebeam starting no later than June 1 for at least 2.5 months, or a later start date that can continue into the fall. This internship is unpaid, but may be able to offer school credit. Local transportation will be reimbursed. Please submit cover letter (highlighting relevant experience and interests) and resume to email@example.com.