REGISTER for Eyebeam workshops. Web Hacking, Virtual Sculpture, RGBDToolkit, and more!
APPLY NOW for Eyebeam Residencies and Fellowships. Open Call deadline is June 14.
Eyebeam Fellow Paolo Cirio seeks enthusiastic intern(s) for several upcoming projects. Paolo is a media artist known for his innovative and controversial political artworks. His work deals with various issues related to the emergence of digital media in fields such as copyright, privacy, transparency, finance, advertising, geopolitics, democracy, and fiction.
The intern must be interested in at least one of the following areas:
* The United States 2012 presidential election, as covered on Twitter
* Financial crimes
* Street art, stencil graffiti, and ownership of data
* Post-film and transmedia storytelling
The intern must have at least intermediate ability in at least one of the following areas:
* Graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, and more)
* Web design (Flash, Dreamweaver, PHP)
* Coding (Java/Processing, Python, C++, and more)
* Video editing (Final Cut Pro, After Effects)
* Digital HD film-shooting and photography
* Journalistic research (investigation about specific topics or people)
* Creative writing (storytelling and character development)
* Editing, critiquing, and publishing text
* Familiarity with social media, especially Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr
The internship will begin on May 14 and end July 31, although start and end dates are flexible. Please expect to commit 3-5 hours per week at Eyebeam. Interns will be credited for their contributions to Paolo's projects and their work will be shared with the Eyebeam community. Internship open to current college students, recent graduates, and other interested candidates. Stipend and credit are negotiable.
Please send your resume/CV, work samples, and a brief cover expressing interest in any of the topics listed above, to firstname.lastname@example.org.