Tue - Sat, 12 - 6PM / 212.937.6580 / 540 W 21st St. New York, NY 10011
Playable Fashion is a free teen program, in partnership with Global Kids. The program explores the intersections between Fashion, Technology and Gaming:
- Game Design: The digital tools, concepts and methodologies needed to design a good video game.
- Fashion: How to design, fabricate/sew your own wearable game controller, that corresponds with your digital game.
- Technology: How to build your own circuits and soft switches/sensors.
FREE After-School Program - February-June 2014
Tuesdays & Thursdays 4-6PM @ EYEBEAM
No previous knowledge/experience necessary! Come to learn and have fun!
Learn from the experts: Eyebeam Teaching Fellows Kaho Abe and Ramsey Nasser with Global Kids' Juan Rubio
Free snacks! Free MetroCard!
Weekend Workshops in all 5 NYC Boroughs! Eyebeam held five 2-day workshops in January 2014 on Playable Fashion taught by Kaho Abe and Ramsey Nasser & other professional game designers. Teens hacked a digital game and created a wearable game controller glove! Check out some photos of student projects on Facebook
Workshops were held in
- BROOKLYN @ Pixel Academy
- STATEN ISLAND @ McKee High School
- QUEENS @ NY Hall of Science
- MANHATTAN @ Eyebeam
- BRONX @ Bronx Museum
Playable Fashion is made possible by generous funding from the Hive Digital Media Learning Fund in the New York Community Trust and Digital Ready. Digital Ready is a partnership between the NYC Department of Education’s Office of Postsecondary Readiness and the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment.
And by the support and energy of our partners!