Tue - Sat, 12 - 6PM / 212.937.6580 / 540 W 21st St. New York, NY 10011
Eyebeam is excited to host cutting-edge teen program Playable Fashion at Eyebeam again this Fall 2013. The program encourages students to learn across divisions of Fashion, Technology and Game Design.
- Game Design: The digital tools, concepts and methodologies needed to design a good video game.
- Fashion: How to design, fabricate/sew your own wearable game controller, that corresponds with your digital game.
- Technology: How to build your own circuits and soft switches/sensors.
No previous knowledge of game design, fashion or technology are required. Come to learn and have fun!
Free Weekend Workshops: Come for a two-day workshop on Playable Fashion taught by Kaho Abe and Ramsey Nasser. Hack a digital game and create a wearable game controller glove! Examples from last year's workshop
January-February 2014, in all 5 NYC Boroughs! Sign-up here for one of the upcoming workshops or to be notified of dates:
- BRONX: Dates TBD, 11AM-4PM, Location TBD
- BROOKLYN: January 11-12, 11AM-4PM @ Pixel Academy
- MANHATTAN: January 25-26, 11AM-4PM @ Eyebeam
- QUEENS: January 18-19, 11AM-4PM @ NY Hall of Science
- STATEN ISLAND: Dates TBD, 11AM-4PM @ McKee High School
Free After-School Program: Starting February 4th, 2014, Kaho and Ramsey with Global Kids will meet with students after school twice per week for a 12-week program. Free and open to all NYC High School students. Sign-up for a weekend workshop to get a fun and hands-on introduction to the program!
Playable Fashion is made possible by the generous support of the Hive Digital Media Learning Fund in the New York Community Trust and Digital Ready. Digital Ready is a partnership between the NYC Department of Education’s Office of Postsecondary Readiness and the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment.