34 35th St., Unit 26, Brooklyn, NY, 11232
Playable Fashion is a free teen program, in partnership with Global Kids. The program explores the intersections between Fashion, Technology and Gaming. Youth learn the concepts and techniques behind them in order to create their own digital games and wearable technology projects.
- Game Design: The digital tools, concepts and methodologies needed to design a good video game.
- Fashion: How to design, fabricate/sew your own wearable game controller, that corresponds with your digital game.
- Technology: How to build your own circuits and soft switches/sensors.
FREE After-School Program - February-June 2014
Tuesdays & Thursdays 4-6PM @ EYEBEAM
No previous knowledge/experience necessary! Come to learn and have fun!
Learn from the experts: Eyebeam Teaching Fellows Kaho Abe and Ramsey Nasser with Global Kids' Juan Rubio
Weekend Workshops in all 5 NYC Boroughs! Eyebeam held five 2-day workshops in January 2014 on Playable Fashion taught by Kaho Abe and Ramsey Nasser & other professional game designers. Teens hacked a digital game and created a wearable game controller glove! Check out some photos of student projects on Facebook
Workshops were held in
- BROOKLYN @ Pixel Academy
- STATEN ISLAND @ McKee High School
- QUEENS @ NY Hall of Science
- MANHATTAN @ Eyebeam
- BRONX @ Bronx Museum
Playable Fashion is made possible by generous funding from the Hive Digital Media Learning Fund in the New York Community Trust and Digital Ready. Digital Ready is a partnership between the NYC Department of Education’s Office of Postsecondary Readiness and the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment.
And by the support and energy of our partners!