Job Opening -- Project Manager
Eyebeam Art + Technology Center is the nation's leading center for art and technology, offering artists and creative technologists paid residences in its Chelsea facility, in addition to a wide range of public programs. The Project Manager is a new position whose initial priorities will be to organize two large-scale collaborative projects described below, as well as be available to work on other projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will oversee the day-to-day implementation of these two programs and work with the Executive Director, the programming staff, consultants and others to keep the projects on track and on schedule.
This position was created to initially realize two recently funded projects:
1) A collaborative Eyebeam/Mozilla project to develop Open(Art), a program to commission artists and technologists to collaborate in the creation and exhibition of artwork on the web, with the eventual goal of developing educational uses for the artworks and their underlying open frameworks. This will also involve the creation of a new, public facing website that will host the results of the project.
2) A program to forge collaborations and information exchange around the subject of Wearable Technology. The project will involve artist/scientist commissions; bi-monthly workshops; an annual symposium/exhibit; and related efforts to increase collaboration between the fashion industry and new technology.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Clear and realistic understanding of resources needed for realization of highly visible public projects
- Experience in planning complex events/programs that facilitate collaboration among many parties
- Willingness to work in a collegial and non-hierarchical work environment
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and in a fast-paced environment
- College degree
- At least 3 years work experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Knowledge of digital media and new technology and ability to realistically manage website creation
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Health and dental insurance
Email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: July 6, 2012 Start Date: August 6, 2012