34 35th St., Unit 26, Brooklyn, NY, 11232
Eyebeam Art + Technology Center is looking for a part time (3 days/week) Communications Director to start August 1. Eyebeam Art + Technology Center is the nation's leading center for art and technology, offering artists and creative technologists paid residences in its Chelsea facility, in addition to a wide range of public programs.
We are looking for a creative self-starter who can work closely with our staff and artists to tell the Eyebeam story. The candidate should be able to engage with audiences through both traditional and social media. Great writing skills, a good design sense, an ability to think strategically, and a collaborative approach are essential.
Other criteria include:
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work under tight time constraints
- Availability to respond to email/social media/phone inquiries outside of regular office hours
- A strong understanding of the contemporary media art field
- Experience writing about art and/or technology clearly and persuasively
- Existing relationships with relevant press contacts a plus
- Fluency with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Tumblr, Instagram, etc)
- Basic graphic design and web design experience welcome
- Ability to work directly with artists to craft press releases and PR about their projects
- Willingness to research work of current artists and appropriate technologies as needed
- Minimum two years experience in PR/Journalism/related fields
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume and writing samples (and design samples if available) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: September 14, 2012.
Start Date: ASAP