34 35th St., Unit 26, Brooklyn, NY, 11232
A public critique and discussion of instrumental hacks (i.e., customized technologies made into musical instruments), in conjunction with Eyebeam‘s Untethered exhibition. Live demonstrations will be supplemented by a discucssion of historical and theoretical precursors for this type of work.
Schedule for evening:
- 7PM: Performing Machines presentation begins
- 8:30PM: Informal discussion, drinks, and play with the works on display. Untethered will also be open for viewing.
- Douglas Repetto (Dorkbot)
- Jonah Brucker-Cohen (former Eyebeam fellow)
- Dominic Smith (CRUMB)
- JooYoun Paek (former Eyebeam resident and Untethered artist)
- Adrianne Wortzel (current Eyebeam resident)
- Hans Christoph-Steiner (current Eyebeam resident and Untethered artist)