34 35th St., Unit 26, Brooklyn, NY, 11232
Visit Eyebeam for the biannual Open Studios—a rare glimpse into the practices of our current fellows, residents, and student residents. All of our three labs will be open to the public, with artists and technologists showcasing and discussing their work throughout the day.
This Open Studios will also feature Eyebeam’s collaboration with Transportation Alternatives in the form of PARK(ing) Redux: a block party and showcase of the group‘s citywide PARK(ing) Day action to reclaim parking spaces last month.
As part of Eyebeam and TA‘s PARK(ing)Day Redux, we‘ll close off part of 21st St. in Chelsea and put the streets parking spots to more creative use. Eyebeam fellows, student residents, and outgoing Summer 2008 Residents will present their work both inside Eyebeam, as well as streetside, in front of Eyebeam.
The day will be capped off with a reception to announce and celebrate Eyebeam’s 2008–2009 Senior Fellows: Ayah Bdeir, Jeff Crouse, Michael Mandiberg and Steve Lambert.
- 12PM: BOXWARS workshop with Christina Kral
- 12 – 6PM: PARK(ing) Day Redux block party (Rain date: October 25)
- 12 – 6PM: performance of Cloud Car by Andrea Polli and Chuck Varga
- 12 – 6PM: The Air Quality Bake Sale and Weather Balloon launch with Heidi Nielson and Natalie Campbell for the SP Weather Station Project, and Polli, Varga and Youn Choi for the Hello, Weather! Eyebeam Weather Station Project
- 3 – 6PM: Open Studios with Eyebeam residents and fellows, including an Open Frameworks workshop in the Education Lab
- 6PM: Toast to new Eyebeam senior fellows
People: Andrea Polli, Christina Kral
Research: Sustainability, Education Lab, Open Lab
Tags: open studios, Park(ing) Day, Transportation Alternatives