Tue - Sat, 12 - 6PM / 212.937.6580 / 540 W 21st St. New York, NY 10011
In January 2010 six authors and one programmer were locked in a room in Berlin and were assigned by the Transmediale festival to collaboratively write a book titled "Collaborative Futures".
5 days and 33,000 words later the first incarnation of Collaborative Futures was finished online, and sent off to be printed. 5 months later the original authors together with three new people and will be locked in Berlin and New York to produce the second edition of the same book.
They will be joined by additional guests and contributors who will drop in or contribute remotely on the Booki.cc website.
* We will meet every morning at 9:30am and will write until the sun or our minds sets (the later of the two).
* We will use the Booki.cc online software to write, edit and collaborate.
* We will edit the existing work, possibly even replacing full chapters.
* We will write new chapters to extend, complement and possibly contradict the existing ones.
* We will eat and drink in the space and will have dinners together on the three days.
* We will argue and fight against each other and against the paradigms of this collaborative effort and its tendency to subsume our conflicting voices.
* We will produce the 2nd edition of the Collaborative Futures book by the evening of Friday, June 25th.
To help writing and editing the book register and contribute through
People: Adam Hyde, Astra Taylor, kanarinka, Michael Mandiberg, Mushon Zer-Aviv, Verina Gfader
Research: Open Culture
Tags: PARTICIPATION SS2010, Re:Group, SS2010