REGISTER for Eyebeam workshops. Web Hacking, Virtual Sculpture, RGBDToolkit, and more!
APPLY NOW for Eyebeam Residencies and Fellowships. Open Call deadline is June 14.
In Censoring Culture, the nationally known author of the ArtSpeak books and the head of the National Coalition Against Censorship's Arts Program bring together the latest thinking from art historians, cultural theorists, legal scholars, and psychoanalysts, as well as first-person accounts by artists and advocates, to give us a comprehensive understanding of censorship in a new century.
• J.M. Coetzee, Judy Blume, and others on self-censorship
• Hans Haacke on the marriage of art and money
• DeeDee Halleck on the military-media-industrial complex
• Marjorie Heins on violence and children
• Randall Kennedy on the risks of regulating hate speech
• Lawrence Lessig on creativity and copyright in the electronic age
• Judith Levine on shielding children from sex
• Diane Ravitch on sensitivity guidelines for national testing
• Douglas Thomas on hackers and hacking culture