Senior Administrative Assistant
An opportunity to work as the Senior Administrative Assistant for the Director and Senior Staff of Eyebeam with a focus on development and cultivation and liaising with and for the Director and Board of Directors. The Senior Administrative Assistant must be able to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This is a full-time position based in the Brooklyn office.
Support for the Director:
- Completes a wide variety of administrative tasks for the Director.
- Independently manages and approves a highly active/ever-changing Google calendar that consists of difficult-to-schedule appointments for the Director. Demonstrates sophistication and tact in managing the calendar and other appointments.
- Prepares briefing materials and background information for meetings in advance and with own initiative.
- Works closely and effectively with the Director to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately and independently.
- Independently drafts correspondence for the Director’s signature. Ensures that correct grammar/spelling and business format is used.
- Successfully completes critical deliverables, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other materials.
Liaison and Communication with Board of Directors:
- Serves as the administrative liaison with the Board and providing general support to board activities
- Ensures that new Board members receive a timely welcome letter and handbook.
- Schedules quarterly meetings and drafts agenda items.
- Prepares invitations, takes RSVPs, and assists with all board events.
Development Research, Cultivation and Coordination:
- Treats all development research, cultivation, and coordination activities as a top priority, in coordination with Director and Senior Staff.
- Engages in research to identify new individual, foundation, and government prospects.
- Maintains database of prospects and engagement undertaken by Senior Staff and Director.
- Ensures timely coordination and mailing of fundraising appeals and letters.
- Coordinates and incorporates execution timeline of fundraising and grant opportunities into the schedule of the Senior Staff and Director.
- Proven expertise and ability to manage, oversee and execute a Google calendar where appointments may change daily.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the experience and expertise in preparing briefing materials for meetings.
- Familiarity with standard office tools including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Internet search engines, and social media.
- Experience with CRM database Patron Manager or with Salesforce especially desired.
- Outstanding diplomatic and interpersonal skills. Ability to handle pressure and deadlines with ease and grace.
- Passion for Eyebeam’s mission and interest in art, technology, and design.
- Good judgment and–ideally–a sense of humor.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and potential.
Exceptional Eyebeam Benefits:
- Free Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance (Aetna NYC Community Plan)
- Dental (Guardian)
- Commuter Benefits as pre-tax transit and parking account
- Annual Leave (13 days) increasing after 1st year
- Unlimited “Refresh” Days as needed
- Federal Holidays (11 days)
- Free Attendance to ticketed Eyebeam events
- Access to Eyebeam’s facilities
Interested candidates should address Roderick Schrock and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Eyebeam is a Brooklyn-based nonprofit studio for collaborative experiments with technology toward a more imaginative and just world. By providing generous support to artists for research, production and education, Eyebeam makes ideas real. www.eyebeam.org